Saturday, August 30, 2008

Half marathoner no longer

Well, as most of you know I was truely excited about this run today. 14 miles is no the farthest I have ever run. Today marks the day I am no longer a half marathon runner.
Now this is not to discredit anyone in the half group. That is a lot of hard work to get that far. Today however, I broke an ER. That is "Erin Record". I am so stoked.
I ran the first part of the loop with my Team Bean fellows. The first half of the second loop with Tatur Dave and the second half of the loop with the Trail Zombie himself. It was fun getting to run at a faster pace than that of which I am used to.
We will see if 16 feels this good.

5 comments:

T Z said...

You ran great today, especially in the final miles. Had me stepping it up a bit. Thanks for the push! :)

simulatedme said...

Yeah! new distance and at the spry girl pace! Makes ya feel tough don't it.

Bobby said...

Glad you felt good. I for one felt pretty darn drained. Congrats on your new ER. That was my BR (bobby record).

Ethiopian Elites said...

Hey Erin,
I really enjoyed running with you. I bet 16 will feel even better. It should be cooler then. Glad you and Trav are still fight free.

Lisa Chinn said...

Way to go! You won't even need a car anymore after November......