Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adding Hills

I am so excited to see Coach Kathy is spicing things up a bit. If you weren't there on Tuesday, then you don't know we ran up the hill on 71st to T.M. It was a good change of pace. Plus other than the last like mile or less...isn't the last of the Route 66 course uphill?
Couldn't stay, so I only got in a teaser of about 2 1/2. I could have totally run 2 1/2 at my house. Matter of fact I have a 2,3,4,5,6, and 7 mile course mapped out at my house, complete with hills. But I would rather drive the 10-14 miles out of town to meet up with my group. I love my Runners World group.
Hopefully we see more hills.

5 comments:

T Z said...

Hills? Did someone say hills?? T Z loves hills. Maybe we can talk some of the Saturday runners into doing some more hilly routes. Tatur Dave has been frothing at the mouth wanting to send the group out on hills.

The long hill from Riverside to TM is one of my faves. I run from home, and jog down and then try to run a negative split back up. Tuesday I made it back down from Elwood in 6:14. Now if I can repeat that three times in a 5K, maybe I can have something! :-Þ

Christal Pellerin said...

What a darling little girl you have :)

Ethiopian Elites said...

Saturday's run won't disappoint. It has some hills. The more hills we get in training, the better it will be in the marathon. This year's Rt 66 marathon will have more hills than last year's route, and they about killed me last year.

I agree with Christal's comment about your little girl!

Bobby said...

I kinda like that 71st street hill
also. Long, gradual, but not too steep. Super nice running west to east when you get to go back down.

Bobby said...

Erin, you missed more hills on Saturday. Team Bean wasn't out in full force.