Friday, August 8, 2008

Do or Die

Ok, so up until a week ago I was NOT going to do the triathlon I got my friends all pumped up about. I was struggling with knee issues so I decided to drop the idea and try another one later...in life. Well I was talked back into it. Now it comes time for this thing to happen. Lets forget for a moment that I have not stuck so much as my toes in the pool for a month. Lets look at the fact thatI have minimal time on a bike this month...NO time on the bike that I am riding in the race. And I have a new type of clip shoes that I am not used to.

I am pretty much relying on the running I have been doing with the AWESOME Runners World group to get me through the endurance of the whole race. I truely think I might die.

Well I am going to have to cut this blog short, I am getting ready to write my living will. If I never see you runners again, I want you to heed this one last piece of advise...Please prepare and train yourselves for events. Don't be a dumb*$$

4 comments:

simulatedme said...

Good Luck! I'm jealous I've been wanting to run a tri lately but couldn't fit the lighthouse in last week, and I couldn't plan on a race for today cuz I wasn't sure I would make it back to town. Just swim slow and you'll be fine!

Brian Hoover said...

That was the most awesome You Tube video in the world. I have linked it to the front page of the RunnersWorld website.

I want to play it for evryone b4 Thursdays run.

Thanks !!!!

Candice said...

Great job on the Bunny Slipper Rap!!

I've been considering training for a triathlon myself! I have the running part down, but I don't have a bike, and don't have much swimming practice, so I'm especially interested to hear how yours went!!

T Z said...

Hi Erin! I just found your blog. Sometimes I am a blog hound, sniffing out every one, and sometimes I am more like an ostrich with my head in the sand or somewhere else.

I'll link it to my zombie blog and the RunnersWorld blog too.

Keep on tri-ing!

T Z