Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday




I was really suprised I didn't see even one bleeding nipple. I was however promised that I would see at least one person broken down on the curb crying...He never breaks a promise. I did see that person. I was truely ecstatic that it wasn't me. I hit my wall early. It nearly defeated me. But I pushed through that styrofoam and at mile 22 I actually felt fresh again. I was in uncharted territory and I knew I was nearing the end. I kissed my daughter who was waiting at the 26 mile marker and then with everything left in me I sprinted to the finish. As I got to the blue rug I stopped, got down on all fours, and crawled across that sweet finish. I really just wanted the pics of me crawling across. You can check them out at marathonfoto.com Just pick route 66 then enter bib number 1523. They were quite funny. I think there are more crawling photos than upright photos.
I am proud of each and every runner that showed up to tell that marathon his/her name and then spit on it. We kick that marathons butt. Good job guys.


3 comments:

Bobby said...

Way to go Erin. You kicked butt. I wish I could have witnessed you crawling across the finish.

T Z said...

How many people rushed over to see if you were OK?

You and all of Team Bean kicked some butt Sunday!

Ethiopian Elites said...

Hey Kidney Bean, I was with Lisa and family as you passed mile 26. You looked good there. I was happy and proud of you to see you doing so well.

You actually don't look to be in enough agony to be crawling. In my finish line pictures I look like I am in pain. I should have crawled.