Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pizza, pizza and cheesecake

Ok, so tonight was THE LAST training run in this round. We ran an easy three miles and came back to headquarters to get tips from the "great ones". I will heed their advise and use every bit of it. I also ate my weight in pizza and cheesecake.

I have kinda not been trying to place too much hype on the huge race at the end of the week. The one that will change my life. I used to laugh about that little saying. Run a marathon and change your life. But now as we draw near the end of this round, I am coming to realize just how true it is. Not only are there all the health factors, and might I say I have never looked this good in my life...you know curves and now smaller curves. (lol) But I started think abou the friends I have made here at runners world. I have a new set of 30-40 people I can talkto that I never have before. I have a set of 5 people that wish I would not talk as much as I did before. I really enjoy and look forward to meeting up for the group on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I cannot wait to get to the end of the chapter...I am not going to skip right to the next one, I will relish in this for a while. Matter of fact, I think I will wear that medal for a week straight. I may...or may not take it off to shower. I will though look forward to continuing this book with you crazy runners at Runners World. Thank you.

I don't do sentiment, so don't ever talk about this post with me in person. Just read the post and go on with your lives, never mentioning it again.

3 comments:

T Z said...

Can't wait to see you again to talk ALL about this wonderful post. :-Þ

I am thrilled to have had the chance to run with you, and so many of the others in our awesome group. There will be so many success stories to hear after the race. I can hardly wait!!

Bobby said...

I have to do the sentiment thing.
Awe, the picture is sweet.

I agree with you. It has been nice getting to know some new people.

Good luck Sunday.

Susan Michaels said...

I am glad you liked my cheesecake.
I know you will do well at the route 66.
Your daughter is adorable.