Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Let me just slip this in...

I feel like it is a little late to rant about sixteen and that you can probably get the gest of what I would write by reading the other posts about the LONG 16 miler.
I will however look forward. My husband says, you cannot have all your long runs be good runs. I reflect back to my half training and remember the same happening. All my long runs were awesom except the 10 mile long run. It took place the week before the half. I truely thought I might have made a mistake, that my body wasn't the type that could go that far. I laugh now cuz our tamered down long runs are now that 10 mile length. LOL anyway. I say all of this in preperation for our 18 miler. I look forward to it going much smoother now that I have a bad run under my belt. I isn't even that it was bad, I just felt physically defeated afterward.

See you all Thursday.

3 comments:

Lisa Chinn said...

Erin you did GREAT! 16.6 is such a long way - and you finished it! I wasn't quite able to do that :o)
So I sure respect you for getting in there and sticking with it. Look how far we come - rember how we could barely do the loop around moms addition? I'm really proud of you. You get it up - You have always helps keep us motivated to. We love ya, man!

Ethiopian Elites said...

Erin, I remember seeing you come in after that run, and you really looked beat. But that's okay; you stuck with it and completed the hardest run of the year. Way to go! I felt really really bad myself, and it had more to do with the extreme humidity than the length of the run. The 18 miler will be much better if the cool weather sticks around.

Bobby said...

It's funny that we now think 3-6 miles are short runs. Hang in there. You are doing awesome.