Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lazy Dayz

What is the big difference between 8 and 9 miles? Well, the biggest difference is the complete lack of energy I had after today's nine mile run. Last week I went shopping all day after I was done with eight. Today, I slept. Then I was groggy so after lunch I slept again.

For those of you who don't know me very well, I am called the nap nazi at home. I think naps are a waste of the day. But the nap nazi could not keep her eyes open today.

Is this a dehydration issue? Or was nine my first brick wall?

2 comments:

T Z said...

Sounds like you had a mild bonk. Not a full blown wall collision, but you reached a limit that needs attention before you go out for your next long run. In my opinion, Gatorade or a similar sports drink would help, but for me, an electrolyte capsule or even a pinch of salt usually gets me through a hot humid run. You sweat out so much salt and that needs to be replaced. Even a bite or two of salty snacks 1/2 way through your long run makes a big difference.

Keep it up, and keep blogging! :-)

T Z

Bobby said...

I usually start crashing at about mile 7.