Sunday, March 8, 2009

Working my way back up.

I am so proud of all of you that are running out there. I have taken the longest break from running afterbeing in my running prime. I was hurt, but loving life after the marathon. I had every intention of gettin g back out there after my knee was better. WELL...life happened and I got extreamly busy. I am sure most of you know that if I don't have all my coals in the fire, then I am just not busy enough.
All this to say, that I started running again. I am too busy to run when the group gets together, but that was my biggest excuse to not running at all. So I ditched the excuses and got myself back out on the road. I am only able to run during the day on wednesday through friday. If any of you want to run during that time, let me know.
So I have these loops I plotted out when I ran my half two Novembers ago. 1 mile through 8. I thought, well lets do the three miler. Much to my disappointment and amazement, I was in need of a couple of breaks. I thought I just ran a marathon...oh yeah, 4 months ago. That is forever in running years. I am a beginner again. But I am not letting me get down by this. I know that I can build up just as fast.
Hope to see you all out there very soon.

Love Erin

2 comments:

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

i am so glad you are back out there. i have probably missed you the most! :) so are you up to 8 miles already? i am no longer working tuesdays so i was wishing that you could become available then and i will run with you. best wishes and you will be back to bean team strength within no time. you heard what kim did right? and you are the only bean that has not run an ultra so you have some catching up to do. you are running sunmart 50k this year (december)

Candice said...

One year ago, I was in your shoes! A knee injury in the Nov 2007 marathon left me sidelined for a couple months and then I just had a hard time getting back out there. Something always came up - other plans, crappy weather... and when I finally did get back out there it was hard to be a beginner again. But within a couple months I was setting PRs and on my way to training for another marathon (until I got preggo!). Just keep at it and work your way up! You'll be kicking butt again in no time!!